How to Become a Member
Are you ready to be a VTS(ECC)?
Did you graduate from an AVMA (or foreign equivalent) accredited veterinary technology school, or are you a licensed/certified/registered veterinary technician?
Within the past five years, and since graduating or becoming licensed, have you:
- Accumulated at least 5760 hours (3 years of full time work experience) working in emergency and/or critical care?
- Completed a minimum of 25 hours of continuing education from nationally recognized programs, in the field of emergency and critical care?
Can you provide the following?
- Evidence of mastery of advanced nursing skills related to emergency and critical care (found at avecct.org)?
- A case record log of a minimum of 50 emergency and/or critical care cases from January 1 to December 31 of the year you are applying?
- Four case reports chosen from your case logs, that show your understanding of the patient’s condition and treatment, and demonstrate your role in their nursing management?
- Two letters of reference from one of the following: a VTS(ECC, SAIM, or Anes), VECCS member veterinarian, or board certified veterinarian in ECC, IM, Anes or Surgery?
If the answer is YES to ALL of these questions, we would like to invite you to apply! Please click here
to download your application and here
to read the more specific requirements.